I'm here.
nus
[ Thursday, January 06, 2005 ]
9:42 PM
06/01/05
I thought i was nv going to have anything to do with art anymore after the 2002 end of yr examination for art ended.
But no - im going to be an arts student!
Still, that doesn't mean im really taking up art as a subject.
Im currently in SRJC science. My decision of switching to an arts student is sudden, but i know i have to take the initiative to decide what is best for me. I have been seriously considering it, and i have consulted my JC teacher.
Firstly. Taking up a subject involves 2 qualities a person shud have for the subject. They are : Passion for the subject, and the ability to do well in it.
By taking arts course subject combi. 206 in SRJC, i will be offering economics, geography and chinese and an 'A' level subject, and only GP as an 'AO' level subject.
The reasons for the change are :
1. I am interested in Economics, Geography and Chinese. And i can do well in them.
2. These subjects are all business oriented. Econs and Human Geog. Language skills. This will help me when i take up Business or Business Adminstration in NTU or NUS.
3. I am retarded in Maths and weak in Science. Its not having no confidence in myself. Its being realistic. Teachers and lecturers have advised us to avoid subjects that we are weak in or have little interest in.
4. While i also offer 3 'A' lvl subjects like all humans do(those offering 4 are non human being), i only have one 'AO' lvl subjects. This means i am taking 4 subjects only.
However, the downside of it is that im not offering Maths C. This means that i will definitely have trouble entering business courses in University IF i FAIL my A maths at 'O' level. For that, i have consulted a maths lecturer and he advised me to carry on with my decision now, then take up 'AO' Maths if my A.Maths fails at O lvl after first 3 mths. I need to get a C6 for 'AO' maths or A.Maths at O lvl as a prerequisite to enter Business courses.
I have also learned about the level of difficulty of maths in JCs. It goes like this:
A maths < 'AO' Maths < C Maths < F Maths.
C Maths is twice as hard as Amaths. So if u got an F9 for yor Amaths, you are going to get L18 for yor Cmaths ! ok~ juz kidding.
^__^ v
I really do hope that i score not-so-well for my O lvls, and pass Amaths. Like that, I will have only one choice - SR arts. So i will have no worries, no dilemma, no decision making, no consideration cos i have no choice!
All roads lead to Rome. I chose a different road. I talked to classmates and friends for a lot of advice. If you've got any advice or suggestions or wanna tell me something that i must prepare for (I was told these subjects need write a lot) , please feel free to email or tell me.