I'm here.
nus
[ Thursday, January 27, 2005 ]
11:02 PM
27/01/05
Vanakam means "greetings" in Tamil~ Before you'd start thinking that "Lei hei sek sei" means "ni hen sexy" (you very sexy), I'd have to say that it is "you go eat sh!t" in cantonese.
I tink i laughed the most in my life today. Our CT class stayed back to do the banner thingy for CNY, and I decided to learn some Tamil from Hussain, some Malay from Hafiz, and some Cantonese from Wing Yan, an ex-hongkong-er. The learning process was really funny. As the "saying" goes, you start learning a language by learning its vulgarities. Of cos, I've also learnt some basic "Vanakam" and "Nandiri" (Thank you) besides the vulgarities! And I also taught Hussain some Chinese. Really entertaining. Laughed like M.A.D.
And oh yah, Hussain's laughter is freaking contagious. I really can't help it. He laughs hysterically and its really cannot describe sia. Once he laughs, I will laugh. But sometimes its my "fault" lah. During geog lectures I will imitate the Mrs Sim's facial expressions and Hussain will start laughing, cos we always sit together and make merry. Then i will try very hard to control my laughter, which ultimately "worsens" the situation. Wakaka.
I'll be reminded of Hussain when someone laughs as well!
In the afternoon, Hussain, Wee Miang, Wing Yan and I went to Heartland Mall to get some stuff frm popular and some finger-food for the banner making and makers.
After walking up the flight of stairs from the bus stop...
"Hey!!!" A super familiar person approached me, and i was surprised.
I met Jeremy and Victor, my Primary school frens from Hong Wen. Victor really changed a lot, after 4 years. 6 years ago, we were so close that we ate together, played marbles together, went to each other's hse after sch, played soccer together, ...etc etc. Ah, its really heartwarming and I was really haPPy! And they were as "Beng" as they were in Primary school, now with dyed hairs and all. But Jeremy's smile is still a trademark.
Its like a wish come true. Cos throughout these 4 years, even up till last week, I will sometimes "trace my history" when im on the bus, or when I can't sleep and I think of people. Or I will be reminded of them when i listen to mp3. Listening to mp3 means more than listening to mp3 to me, besides appreciating the lyrics and music and all. Ben is correct. Mp3 reminds me about people, about events, and for me only, it also reminds me of certain online games i used to play with my frens.
I also wanna bump into Hee Chuan, Shu Hao, Liu Zhen and Darren Ye, the 4 of us used to play chess more than anything else. And other of my HWPS ppl whom I have all lost contact with. Yong Chuan, Kai Ren, Yuan Loong, Eileen, Yan Ling, Jia Ming, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
All but one, perhaps, cos Eric(Yeo) was from HWPS. I remember we had almost the same height when we were classmates from p3-p5.
4 Years!
Will i recognise them even if we were to walk past each other from opposing directions?