I'm here.
nus
[ Monday, January 31, 2005 ]
9:28 PM
31/01/05
Im sure that I sensed something wrong when Charlene told me that today(monday) is a bad day.
I thot it was her usual grumbling and all...but...
2 setbacks in the morning.
Minor setback : Hussain is sick! Oh no. You are my sunshine!
Major setback : *Takes a deep breath* I-remember-last-week-we-handed-up-a-proposal-to-the-principal-Mrs-Kok-and-then-she-approved-our-student-initiated-C-I-P-project-to-sell-personalised-test-tubes-but-after-that-the-interaction-club-came-and-they-all-also-proposed-to-the-principal-to-sell-personalised-test-tubes-for-charity-and-then-now-the-principal-suggests-us-to-merge-with-the-interaction-club-to-sell-the-personalised-test-tubes-so-now-we-are-caught-in-the-middle-whether-to-give-up-the-project-or-not-...
Ben, Jingxuan and Edwin were rather pissed with the principal, the interaction club ppl and the teacher in charge. Their stand was that since Ben left his contact number, they shud have contacted and discussed it with us before carrying on with their plans, even though they clearly knew that we were doing the personalised test-tubes.
I thought otherwise...
If we were in their smelly shoes we will understand...afterall they are JC2s who have already done this project last year... and its normal that the principal shud be biased(if she is) and...reason isn't on our side, cos afterall we have selfish reasons to begin this venture. I feel as though we are some new kids(no point intended) who have come to challenge the big guys with formidable backings - teachers in charge.
Then came the final vote, of which jingxuan and I chose to give up the project, edwin was "anything lah", but Ben was enthusiastic about it. He believes its still..."do-able." So he persuaded us, until I was the only one left who said "give up lah".
To prevent any stirring of emotions or sumthing, i decided to respect the majority instead of carrying on the debate.
The feeling's juz not right. I'd always feel this way when there is a problem that I can't solve. A deep-rooted one that's beyond our reach.
I sincerely hope that Ben will do the announcement if our plan can still be carried out tomorrow. You just can't leave everything for me the do?! I juz spent 3hrs laying out the materials, mixing and melting wax to make coloured candle holders, sorting out some alphabets and also doing up 6 test-tube samples to perfection. The rest juz push everything to me cos they got CCA in the afternoon. Lucky Jingxuan came to my hse for awhile to help.
Don't count on me to make the announcement, period. I have serious stage fright.