I'm here.
nus
[ Saturday, February 05, 2005 ]
11:51 PM
05/02/05
Bike mail!
CNY is juz round the corner, and I wanna extend my greetings to as many ppl as possible!
I had almost forgot my plan to send cards by bike, until 2 days ago. =/
Hmm...now lemme recall my trip today...
1.30pm, i left my hse and cycled to Edwin's house in Hougang. Then to Darren's house at Macpherson area, but it was rather hard to find. I used the help of some residents who were heading to the main road.
At first I intended to do this alone, but Chin Yang called my hp and wanted to accompany me.
So CY arranged to meet me at the Potong Pasir MRT station, and i was there about 2.30pm. Exhausted, we continued to cycle deeper into the Potong Pasir estate to Aaron's apt. block.
We called Aaron down, had a chat, and Chin Yang helped to adjust my bike's seat to reduce my butt-ache. Then we set off for Serangoon Central at about 2.50pm.
After delivering the cards to Xiuyi and Ben, I took lunch at Serangoon Central, and bought some drinks from the G'value supermarket.
About 3.45pm, we set off for Yingxia, Ziqian and Weijie's hse around the Serangoon Gardens estate area. Had a hard time finding the correct ave's and all, but managed to meet Cheng Hong on time later in Ang Mo Kio, at a bicycle shop. CY's bike's wheels were loose(it was rubbing against the brakes), and it got repaired in no time.
I lost track of time, as the 3 of us cycled to Shawn's apt in Yio Chu Kang, and delievered the letters to Joei and Woey Thee as well.
Then, we went on to Yishun. CY's bike's wheels were flat, and so he went to a petrol station to pump. On the way, CH's bike's left pedal fell off. We continued to Yishun Ring Road to meet Eehong, but before that they took some time to withdraw some money from an ATM in Northpoint. Eehong brought us to a bicycle repair shop, and CH's bike pedal was repaired. CY also changed the inner tube of his back tyre. Eehong told me a shortcut to Woodlands frm Yishun, and we arranged to meet again at Causeway point. He took a bus! >.<
Yeah. Woodlands.
Pain, exhausted, breathless, etc etc. I've been missing out on alot of describtive words.
Determined, we cycled all the way to Woodlands, to Causeway point. By then, CY's bike's frnt tyre was flat, and later CH's bike's chain broke. My bike was fine, cos its new~
I delievered the card to Jinhe's mailbox, and then we bought some food and ate outside Causeway point. We also bought more water. CH couldn't complete the journey with us, so he called his father to pick him up. His father brought a tyre pump, and we borrowed it so pump CY's frnt tyre as it gradually flattens after a while. The inner tube of his frnt tyre is probably damaged as well...
Pain, exhausted, breathless, etc etc. CY and I sped back to Yishun, to Lentor, to Yio Chu Kang. Oh i just summed up a 12km route in a sentence!
Then, we split, as CY returned home. I had one more card to deliver to May, and the location was at this Bou-something terrace. The Yio Chu Kang road was painful, exhausting etc etc. cos got alot of ups and downs...but i was relieved when I finally found it with the help of a passer-by.
Continuing the Yio Chu Kang to Jalan Kayu, then turning into Sengkang. Finally - even though my hse was at the other extreme end of Sengkang... -.-
I knew my left calf and my butt was already numb by then. Pain, exhausted, breathless, etc etc.
The whole trip was worthwhile cos at least it was a mini gathering for some of us. Its the effort that hopefully counts : the conventional mail as compared to the modern e-cards. And its meaningful to me - its one of my childhood dreams to travel extreme distances on bike. And breaking personal records!
I finally reached home at 11.30pm! Aiya i tink i described it too mildly. Oh well.
And oh oh oh...for the Chingay parade, my sector is between the Crown Prince hotel and The Heeren. Anyone can come down, then we can parRrrTeHhhh after the Chingay parade. Wakaka~
Special thanks to all of the super frenly and helpful passer-bys, residents, etc etc and Chin Yang, Cheng Hong and Eehong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHIOK AR muaHAhhHAHahah~
Time to hug my chong chong to sleep... X_X