I'm here.
nus
[ Sunday, February 20, 2005 ]
10:43 AM
20/02/05
Badminton, a movie, Chingay, supper. All in a day's work!
It might not be the best, but "I Do I Do" is the kinda movie that I'm willing to pay and watch again!... =D
Echo-ing Mr Raymond Huang, Founding Chairman of Heartware network, being there "live" is so much different from watching it on TV.
Yeah. After being dispatching to the floor, our sector 3.4 settled down on the opposite side of some bank thingy and the "Duck and Hippo" shop. We were supposed to motivate the crowd, but the crowd were extremely hard to motivate! Our sector all kena squirt by Mr Raymond Huang's Super Soaker cos we were supposed to "put a smile on every audience's face".
After a super long time, the floats came. The first one was a 6-metre high rooster that was accompanied by some Primary school dancers. There was a part when I felt really stuffy and I fanned my shirt. One of the Malay dancers, upon seeing that, flapped her super huge skirt at me and said "I also very hot here!"
Then I remember after 5 CDCs, there was a float and dancers from the Japanese Association of Singapore. That was the best performance, with the costumes, the music and the dancers. I tink there were dancers frm 10 years old to 60 years old. Almost everyone agreed with me that this one was the best, beside those Chee Ko Pehs that think that the RGS and RJ students had the best performance :o
After the multi-racial floats came the advertising floats. That was the most boring part cos the floats can't dance nor make music. And then came the confusing part. Very easy to explain : The motivators were stretched out on the road, and we were hitting our chopsticks to the rhythm of the music played by the floats. And cos the floats were so close to each other, no one was really sure which rhythm to follow, and everyone started to hit their chopsticks at random while looking around~ =/
Oh ya I remembered there was a Coca-Cola float, and our sector 3.4 was shouting "WE WANT COKE! WE WANT COKE! WE WANT COKE!" We caught the attention of the guy standing on top of the float who was constantly waving at the audience, and he looked rather embarrassed when he smiled at us. At that point of time, no one could be sure whether his hands were waving at us or he was trying to tell us "No Coke! No Coke!"
Then there were the pretty RGS and RJ performers. The music and dance really nice sia. Jingxuan said the music is a Korean song. I remember there was only one guy who disagreed that the RGS and RJ's performers were the prettiest when some1 mentioned about them. He said that the S'pore American School dancers were better. Ben immediately snapped back, saying "but some from American school one really SAI lor!!!"
I think the last one that I remember clearly was the Dragon thingy that was as tall as the trees along Orchard. It was supported by some strong men vertically concentrated on a tall pole. When it came towards my sector it suddenly stopped right beside me, maybe some 6-7 metres away from me, and started spitting firecrackers for quite some time. O.O" Some of the sparks hit me!
After the last float, our sector gathered around and took photos while the crowd started to disperse. Some passerbys just took our goodie bags and walked off. My goodie bag had a prized Japanese fan that the Mayor gave me!!! =( Many motivators who asked for it were "dao-ed" by the Mayor(maybe he gave it to those who din ask for it! o.O), and few people amongst the crowd had it too. My Japanese Fan... =(
Soon the whole Orchard road were super chaotic cos of the street party! Everybody's goodie bags were being taken away. Those not-so-smart people who put their handphones and wallets in the goodie bag...duhz! One of them was Jingxuan's sector mate, and also Ben's Lead Motivator. Gone! The music was deafening, and some playful people were throwing water from the bottles in the goodie bag all around. Mervyn was breakdancing with some others and Edwin was like hopping and jumping. My first time seeing Edwin like that cos the other time during the Prom he and CY din go and jump despite Cheng Hong and I trying to pull them to the dance floor.
When we walked on and reached the Tangs Plaza there, they started playing "Lets get it started" !!! Our mass dance music! Cos one of our dance step was to shout "WOOO!" and swirl our wrists in a circular motion while raising our arms slowly into the air before the chorus, we did just that and the whole area "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Yeah. WOOOOOOOOO!
"Lets get it started, Ha!"
I tink the funniest part was when the emcee said "put yor hands in the air!!!" some peeps actually pointed
the finger in the air and a fierce looking policeman on a stage was staring at them. Hohoho.
When we finally gathered back at the Orchard park, we soon got back our bags and completed some admin stuff. We took more sector photos and shared abit of our experience cos it was hard to talk to our sector mates during the parade. Then someone initiated the SRJC cheer! (we later did it 4 more times) More than a thousand of us where screaming and shouting and it felt great. Yeah. Mr Huang said there were like 1300 motivators. 3 cheers for motivators!!!! (oHm aH!)
We were then released, although many still stayed back cos they were unwilling to leave. Ben, Edwin, Jingxuan and I went to a Serangoon coffee shop to have supper.(is it called S-11?) But no one knows for sure whether we were taking supper or having breakfast, cos it was already 12+ midnight then and we would definitely sleep past breakfast. Edwin, Jingxuan and I then took a taxi home together cos the Nightrider to Sengkang doesn't stop near Edwin nor my house. And a trip on the Nightrider costs a fixed $3!
I finally reached home at 2+am!
I can't wait for school now and see everyone! I remember when all the motivators were settled down together, so many of the faces looked familiar. There were zhss peeps...and I actually saw Michelle(Hong Wen Primary) again like after 5 years? She hasn't changed at all...and there were my CG mates like Iffah and Si Min and Lay Koon(all crazy people) my ODAC mates, OG mates and Aquila(house) mates. And just to mention Aquila is the overall champion for the Road Race!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you
M.A.D(making a difference)?