I'm here.
nus
[ Thursday, March 03, 2005 ]
11:35 PM
Shrinking Singapore
I like to take the bus...and don't ask why!
I remember when I was young...I lived in a 3 room flat in Bendemeer. There were like 20 bus services at the bus stop, and I always enjoyed bus rides. Even up till now!
I prefer buses to MRT. Especially the NEL. Yet, I have to take the NEL frm sec 3 to sec 4 to avoid the jam. Somehow, I feel that the NEL is heartless. Its always so quiet and dark(underground). I have the impression that ppl are always happy on the bus, and there are more things to look outside the window other than walls. Hah!
I had 3 childhood dreams - two related to travelling, but of cos, not on bus. When I had my first bike, I wanted to cycle extensively, although I didn't thought of a specific distance then. The other is to drive a caravan with my frens or my loved ones to a far away place. The third one is to have a cupboard full of candy everyday. But sweets have expiry dates...and I couldn't finish so many I guess. But I still like eating sweets and sweet stuff like ice kachang...
Maybe one day if im rich I'll just fill a cupboard with sweets and donate to an orphanage or sumthing...hah! ^_^v
Anyway...Oh I wanted to say that Singapore is shrinking with age...our age! Its all in the mind? I tink many ppl would agree also. The more we travel from point A to point B, the shorter the distance it would seem as time passes. Another reason why Singapore 'shrinks' with age is cos I meet ppl I know, coincidentally, more often nowadays.
What a small...Singapore!