I'm here.
nus
[ Tuesday, March 01, 2005 ]
2:19 PM
Take and go
Nervous? A little.
All along...I've gave up the idea of getting into other JC's, especially NYJC. Cheng Hong thinks im stubborn. One thing is that I can't take CLA in NY. So is that critical? Yes. Chin Yang is totally convinced. My parents are supportive. And I believe in myself,
AND MY OWN EYES.
With that, I have booked myself a place in SRJC as long as i score below 20, so I wasn't nervous and excited and all...but I knew that I needed a 'pass' or C6 in my A.Maths to widen my choices of courses available in University. If i failed, I would have to take AO Maths in JC.
It didn't really matter much to me whether I scored 15 or 20 for my L1R5, but it mattered when I got a B4 for my A.Maths!
Thanks to all who helped me in my A.Maths one way or another, cos I didn't put in much effort on my part. I fell down and didn't get up on my own ; others pulled me up.
And so I remember the times I had the 'PWD'...and then i passed A.Maths on the borderline...a 50/100 which was also, an unexpected surprise. Then I remember the times when i scored 3/25 and 3/20 for my A.Maths tests, but the peer tutor programme in which Jun Jie from NYJC, ex student in Zhss came to help me in my Amaths. The help given was very significant and it renewed hope for my A.Maths. Progress was slow cos im retarded, but there was progress.
I admit that my poor results from Sec 3 to Sec 4 was due to my interest in MMORPG. I spent hours on my computer. I cannot justify my decision to play so much, but still, the reason why I actually spent less time on studying is simple.
I couldn't link Maths and Science to my future. For a long period of time, I had little interest in Maths and Science cos I had no idea how does knowing how to differentiate an equation help me to acheive a higher financial security in the future. And how does knowing how to titrate a solution get me a better job?
While losing interest in these subjects,
I never considered to get a job that will involve maths and science. Its funny if you understand what im talking about. You know, the
chicken or the
egg?
So I've decided to pursue a subject combination that is free from Maths and Science in JC. People think taking Science courses will allow them to have a wider range of choices in University, and so Science courses are better. That is crap. I think what is more impt is that we shud begin with the end in mind : decide what course to take in University before choosing a subject combi suited for it. I shud be taking BA in NUS or other business courses in NTU or SMU, now that I've managed to pass my A.Maths.
For those who are interested, NUS is more of theory work, NTU more practical, and SMU is specialised in Business courses.
So - results are results. What will be, will be. I believe in looking ahead than looking back.
For those who are unable to get into their dream JCs/courses cos of poor results, i wish that yor appeals are sucessful. Spent a bit of time to reflect or "unleash" yor emotions, and continue moving on.