I'm here.
nus
[ Friday, April 22, 2005 ]
11:07 PM
With sweat and blood
Did another 12 rounds on lane 8 today, on 2 separate sessions before ODAC meeting, and after ODAC meeting. The PT was cancelled at the last minute cos of Parent's Night, but we can always do our own PTs.
At first I did 6 pull ups and played with the monkey bar a few times as well. Then, I started to compare my blisters between my palm and my fingers with Tian Shun's.
"Hey...mine is fatter and yours is longer! LoL~"
I shouldn't have joked about the blisters.
As a routine after running, we will go to the fitness corner, and so I did two sets of six pull-ups. The ODACians were gathered there after the meeting, and they were trying to do the commando style pull ups. Surprisingly, no one could do it. The J1 ODACians are good at everything but pull-ups, and that's why we are training for it so they can get "at least a gold or silver for every ODACian" in the NAFFA test.
So in a moment of impulse, I did 1 commando and hanged there, followed by one more. When I let go...I realised my blisters were gone!
OOPS. I mean, they burst. And the ODACians were like "EEEE!" and "WAA!" cos blood and pus was oozing out with the layer of skin dangling about the flesh beneath three ex-blisters.
I have decided not to describe the pain cos I have limited volcabulary, and that means I'll probably using vulgarities to describe it instead.
Talking about pain - I just read an article from Thursday's issue of Today. They said that there are athletes who run for 42km and 385 yards in marathons. It is mentioned that runners end up with blood in their socks, toenails coming off, bleeding at the nipples (cos the singlet chafes against their nipples), ermmm...stiffness, soreness, fatigue, dehydration, ...
--------------------------------------------------------------
I got a new identity...again.
Now when that Prinya (from Thailand) sees me, I will remind him of a movie. Not a Thai movie, but rather, Kung Fu Hustle. Im sure someone else has mentioned that I look like an actor in that movie...hmm.
Oh ya and during the ODAC meeting, it was actually a leadership talk by Mr Alan Tan, our ODAC teacher IC. There are 9 ex-co places, but no one is ambitious enough to contest for the post of President. The hottest position is the "Safety IC", followed by Secretary. I've been thinking...I think I'll try to get the Treasurer position. And under the "past leadership experiences", guess what? I'll write there...
"Treasurer of Chess Club in Secondary school"
Ha!