I'm here.
nus
[ Thursday, May 05, 2005 ]
11:32 PM
Hello Darren! :)
Just for one day, I suffer the same fate as Darren.
Cos my legs still injured, the chinese physician gave me a one week MC from physicial activities. And today is the first PE I've missed. And cos I happen to be in the same PE group C as Darren, I was with him for the double period PE. "Too bad cannot do homework..." I was telling him. I remember during our ZHSS days some of our classmates report sick for PE cos later got test and they wanted to study. But my PE teacher say he'll confiscate my stuff if i try to do other subjects. =P
Then I got to know abit more about his condition now.
As ppl might know his right leg has this metal structure thingy...and it's actually drilled through the flesh into his bone, cos his bone was broken from the crash.
I don't know whether the injuries still hurts, but I know he confirm mentally hurt.
He told me...now very boring. Every PE period just sit there nothing to do. Perhaps some ppl may not like PE, but for a person like Darren, PE = fun. He also said jokingly that if he could run, he can probably beat all his classmates in the 2.4km timing.
He told me...It will be a very long time before he can play soccer again. Soccer means alot to Darren - we all know that. But his bone might break again "if someone zham the ball at me". He told me he might not be able to play soccer ever again - but right after that he continued "bu ke neng lah. One day sure can play again." =)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, I'm starting to feel the meaning of "CCA commitment". Every now and then, teachers will warn students that they will have many different commitments, and those with heavy CCAs tend to fare not-so-well. Today is one of the rare rare days where I don't have homework - and guess what. Mr Alan Tan approached me in the morning to gather particulars from 16 ppl who are going to the Mt. Ophir expedition on the last week of June. And he wants it tomorrow. And that just took 3 hours of my time - I took a nap after I reached home at 6 plus and had dinner after I woke up, and after dinner till now, I had to consolidate particulars from home phone, handphone, email and messenger.
11:30pm, and I'm waiting for the phonecall from one last person.