I'm here.
nus
[ Sunday, May 15, 2005 ]
11:50 PM
Passion, is the key.
ODAC is not a gay club.
Recently, it seems that ODAC is being made fun of. I was told that this was becos ODAC was at the bottom during last year's TEC (Team Excellence Camp).
Also, the girls in ODAC believe that the guys are not taking the PT sessions seriously enough. But, I do. And im sure everyone knows better. Heh. Yet...there are indeed some slackers who are not contributing enough!
And I soon realised my role as an 'icon' during our dinner at Kovan BK on friday evening. In fact, all of us ODACians represent the club. The girls told me that the guys should all be able to do at least 15 pull ups. "Ni men yao muscle da da, bu yao rang bie ren kan bu qi ODAC." Now, that is peer pressure. Hmm? That makes some sense, since when we see the Canoeists or the RocMoc ppl have lots of muscle, we have some sort of respect for them.
Even their females can do pull ups. First hand info from my eyes.
The girls have aimed to be able to do 5 by the end of this year. I know some of us are working very hard to attain physical excellence. My record broken again during the NAPFA test when I managed to do 8, but fell short of one to get an 'A' grade.
In fact. I now believe more and more that anything is attainable as long as we are passionate, determined, and we are 'willing and able' (great...economics!) to sacrifice our time for it. Even for our studies. Passion is the key. I when someone loses his/her passion for something, he would probably ask 'why must I do this?'
Just like me. I have little passion for studies in general, becos like I've said I never understood how can knowing how to solve an equation or how to titrate a solution help me in my future. Yet I still have to study and take the safest route that everyone does.
But my passion for Economics is HOT! Heheh. I'd like to know everything about it. I like to summarise the lecture and make my own notes after every lecture. And I'm damn on the ball for this subject.
Do u believe in passion?