I'm here.
nus
[ Friday, June 24, 2005 ]
11:54 AM
I've learned enough this month.
Well, we had a class chalet a few days ago on Monday to Tues night. And I had my WMFRC(Wilderness medical first responder course) on Tues and Wed, 8am to 5.30pm!
So - on monday, I went to the class chalet at Costa Sands resort...
Ok fast forward.
At around 2am or so, we had finally finished watching Freaky Friday. I mean, only me! Because I was so engrossed in the movie, I didn't realise something was wrong - the room was almost empty. Suddenly my eldest daughter switched the TV off, and my niece was crying.
Immediately I came to my senses. I knew 5 ppl were drinking outside, and my niece, being a Muslim, simply couldn't take it. Everything happened so fast. And my niece then said : "I thot they promised not to drink..."
I was unsure of my role in that situation. I went outside only to see 4 drunkyards, and 2 of them simply lost control.
One of them was a SC-to-be, and another was a very sensible and intelligent person in class.
And they simply weren't themself.
One of them insisted on going to the beach, and kept apologising. Then he asked for a tree, a real big tree to sit and pray. And when he saw a staircase, he shouted : "Stairway to heaven!" Sometimes, he insisted on walking on his own. He didn't anyone to help him. But once I let him go he'd just tumble down sideways. He said alot - he can't do without _____ - probably someone that he liked during his Secondary school. He scolded vulgarities - at education, at life, at school and at the teachers. His best friend was also drunk, and he kept mumbling and asking where he is when they are too far apart. He also said he can't do without his best friend.
The other guy also kept repeating that he loves _______. And he also wanted to pray. He'd just suddenly lie on the pavement and not want to get up.
I guess everything was alright in the end, cos I left at 6am to go to the WMFRC at OBS at 8am. I didn't get a bit of sleep. Haaaaiz.
Well...What i learned that night is much more worth than one full day of tutorials.
- Never drink in the presence of Muslim.I've actually read another book that suggests one shouldn't eat pork when dining with Muslim as well. Even in the canteen or such. Its all about mutual respect.
- Never drink at all!But one must have experienced what I experienced to be convinced with that statement.
That's about all. Some things have to be seen by our own eyes to remember for a lifetime.
Well at the WMFRC... I tried to keep my eyes open...its a $118 course...if fail then waste money...lol. Anyway now I'm confident that with me around in the wilderness, you won't die if
- You faint. Ppl who faint can die cos their airway is blocked!
- You have no breathing and no pulse.
- You got cut deeply by a blade.
- You got a sprain, or worse, a fracture.
- You are suffereing from heatstroke, or worse, heat exhaustion.
- Etc etc.
Well 3 days really learn alot. I got my WMFRC cert... only valid for 3 years lol. >.< 3 years later must go back for refresher course...lol wtf. Yeah lah...its true, must practice then will remember. Oh yea...let me practice on you!