I'm here.
nus
[ Thursday, July 14, 2005 ]
8:49 PM
Grrr. GRR!
3 months ago.
I filled up a target setting form for Econs.
'B'.
And damn...I missed the target...>.>
Econs lecture was before the tutorial...during the tutorial...the lecturers were going through the Essay questions, as well as our common mistakes. They said, the highest they gave for question 1 and 2 was 17/25. Then I spot so many stupid mistake I made...make mistake means waste time writing and throw marks away sia.
Later then get back...I told myself no matter how low my mark for essay...I must not be demoralised. Well...lucky the passing mark was 22.5/50 and not 25/50...if not whole class will have no one pass...lol! Ya...pass essay...and later get GP essay also same mark...lol!
I know I will slowly improve de...this essay did better than last time's one...and the marker wrote a comment :
"You've shown a good understanding of the concepts, but you must apply these concepts to the question"
Whether that comment is good or no good is subjective...but I feel its good...cos at least im safe to have a good foundation...if concept screw up then really F up liao...like what they say got one student in Arts combi go draw upward sloping demand curve!!!...the rest of the skills in essay writing can slowly build up. Oh...but not much time to build ler. Promos in 2 mths sia.
And one more thing...
I don't want to be someone who is drowning...I must learn how to swim...not only to keep myself afloat...but also to help others!My class highest for maths was 40/75...so my Cmaths tutor said : "Now all of you all are sinking together! Among y'all dun have anyone strong in maths arh~ Now I am the only one that can save y'all, so better pay attention during lesson!"
If only I could help in Maths...But my foundation simply too weak...sometimes I thought : If I had a chance, would I choose to go back to Sec 3 to restart my Amaths all over again? Maybe I would...I regret not putting in effort for Amaths...lost focus...din see the significance of it...I let my Amaths teachers down. =(
If I were to plot a graph of "MARKS" against "REVISION TIME" for Cmaths...the equation for the graph would be something like M=FT+F...where M=MARKS, F=FOUNDATION, T=TIME.
Just imagine...if your foundation is weak...the constant F is almost 0...if you dedicate minimal time...the marks sure single digit...and the gradient of the line is low also...means other ppl with a larger F value spend the same time as you...they will shoot up faster in terms of marks.
But ceteris paribus, the more revision time, the more marks you will get...positive relationship...okookk crappp...must tok cock to amuse myself ma. Sorry hor.
Dunno shud I get private or grp tuition for Cmaths...well private tuition so ex...but cos I so weak...later I go grp tuition cannot catch up sia. Either way, I'll definitely have tuition for Cmaths. If I can't help others, I must, at least, be able to float myself. I can't depend on other's help all the time..like during the times in ZHSS...always asking BenTan and the spases/retards for help...well...actually I appreciate the help alot... I would've drowned without all the help given to me sia.
I once thought of getting tuition for all 3 of my 'A' lvl subjects...that's crazy...but I know I can...its just whether I want to push myself. Can I bring myself to sacrifice my playing time...my R&R time...can I tahan the stress anot...?
Tuition is not only a movement along the M-T graph...(cos revision time increase ma.) its also leftward shift of the graph loh...coz F increase ma...ooppppppps I tink I lost control >.>
And lets talk about Physics...
I remember Mr Choo during ZHSS...after the physics common test or exams, sometimes he will seperate the piles of scripts into two...and he will say : "On my left are the ones that passed, (and then he'll do a weighing action to show how light the Pass Pile is) ....And on my right are the ones that FAIL! (and then he'll slammmmm the scripts on the table) *boooom*
Well Mr Yeo doesn't do that...but I'm quite glad I passed physics actually! I usually belong to that Fail Pile...Mr Yeo gives an extra personal touch to me...cos I physics rep ma...and he encourage me to go for it...go for the 'A'...work harder!
Sometimes...when we lose motivation for a subject...even if we don't want to score well for ourselves...we do it for the teachers...we do it for our parents...we do it for the ppl who care for us and want us to do well...
Like econs...my classmates lost motivation...lost their strength..coz some got single digits ma. Then some were saying they want to drop Econs and change subject...some really demoralised...but Mrs Teo say of coz cannot...unless they wan retain...but nx year new syllabus...H1 H2 H3...and contrasting subject...
Today is one of the worse days for our class ba.
-Keep Tryin'-