I'm here.
nus
[ Sunday, August 21, 2005 ]
12:44 AM
To all 1S22
I have a wish that you can fulfil...
...
I know many ppl is frustrated with Mrs Teo...with her method of teaching...with her attitude towards us...
But can we take a step back and look at the whole picture?
We come to JC is for what...is to get into Uni...I wish that when everyone get their Econs A lvl results...we all shed tears of joy...
Can we face the music and accept the fact that we cannot change our teacher? When we can finally do that...we will realise that : "hey, if I wanna see an A on my A lvl result slip...opposing Mrs Teo and talking bad about her won't help a bit..."
If you don't want to do it for urself...can you do it for the others who want to get their 'A's anot...for our classmates...for me...I wanna get A de leh...
I wonder how do you have the energy to keep complaining about it...homework already so much...tests keep coming...complain for 1 and 1/2 more year...not tired meh? Can we finally accept her method of teaching and co-operate with her?
Honestly speaking...i feel that Mrs Teo has been wronged...
1st three months I was in the Arts stream, Mrs Teo was the lecturer...she teaches well...it reflected in my results...the lecture was so good, no need study also can score...
There were classes and students under her charge that topped the lvl...
When I found out she was my form teacher, I was so glad. Becos my form teacher is an Econs teacher...got problem easier to consult. Everytime I had a question...I stay back awhile to ask...and she will go further to give me a deeper insight into the answer...
I personally feel that there is nothing wrong with Mrs Teo's teaching. Different people have different views about that.
But before I say anything...let me ask you...who will still remember Mrs Teo said "if you all are positive in yur studying, the teachers will also be even more willing to share and teach you"
And not only she said that...Mr Yeo also said that. I guess everyone forgot...that the attitude of the teachers reflects our own attitude as well...so if u say the teacher bad attitude...then u are juz talking abt yurself...
And don't you agree...our class always finding fault with Mrs Teo...some ppl want come to school with the mindset that she will piss off Mrs Teo today...some ppl step into the class thinking that the teacher that is going to step in sucks...some ppl keep on challenging the teacher...
This is totally pointless...we come to JC is for what...if you really dun like Mrs Teo then juz keep quiet and get over with it ma...unless you dun want to score for Econs...you still have to bear with her...cos like I said...you can't change the teacher...
Sometimes we compare other Econs teachers with Mrs Teo...we feel that other teachers are better...as what I see, they are all the same...but I can tell you...Mrs Teo teaching style is like this : -
You got to come to tutorials prepared...with your concepts right...if not you won't understand what she is saying...so if we don't understand why do we blame the teacher? Why is it always Mrs Teo fault? WHY WHY WHY?
Do you know, everytime ppl complain about her...start a conversation where all contribute and scold Mrs Teo...is like banishing her to some faraway place...I dunno whether I should defend her or I should just walk away...I already tired of listening complaints about her...dun you tink its our fault that we never study enough that we don't score? Why don't we reflect on our own actions and juz critisise ppl all the time? Why?
Do you know, sometimes our concept never grasp properly and you challenge the teacher, you really sound funny...you know who you are...
I want to make the change that I want to see...becos at this rate we are going, we are actually going no where...
Do you know, why do I always try to contribute in class? In secondary school I very quiet de...I juz sit there and listen or sleep...but now I know I need to contribute so the lesson can flow faster...so she can go through more questions...so I can liven up the class...so I can create a culture of taking the initiative to answer questions...
Mrs Teo just lost her father...can we at least take some pity...take a step back...can we not be so aggresive...can we be kind to her...can we talk to her nicely...can we learn from her positively...can we trust her long years of teaching experience...can we read up the notes before going for tutorial...can we check our attire so she doesn't need to waste time checking on us because a 'trust' is built between us...can we stop comparing her and other teachers...becos we determine how good she is as a teacher...if we give our best...then she will be the best econs teacher...
I hope everyone realises now that teacher-student relationship is two-way...
Do you know that there are ppl who want me to change certain classmates's attitude? There are ppl who believe I can make this change. But there are ppl who think that I cannot change it. But ultimately, I believe in myself.
Do you know that there are people who are already trying hard for Econs? Can we don't shortchange these ppl?
If we go into the Economics classroom this coming monday...and still nothing changes...you know what will I do?
I will not give up convincing the class that we have to work hand-in-hand with Mrs Teo to produce the results...I will keep trying...I will keep trying...I will keep on trying...
I apologise if I sound too angry or what...but I have to use that tone to convince you de...
I can tell u all...as a friend you all rox...as a student u need to change...and this kind of change...today you read this...tml you wake up a different person...if u believe in me...its very easy...
Please help me make this possible. Make my wish come true?