I'm here.
nus
[ Thursday, September 08, 2005 ]
11:10 PM
Bye bye cyberworld
I remember telling this to one of my friends before, when we were talking about the changes in trends of online gaming.
I told him that the best game to play is always the game with the most of our close friends in it.
Afterall, it would be meaningless to play alone.
The cyberworld is like a world inside a box. There is a big community. And its easy to keep in touch with your friends, while drawing satisfactions from the unlimited possibilities in this world.
Now im saying : "Hey zw, its meaningless to waste time in a box."
The story continued :
The trainer was actually more than a trainer. The task of training Soldier M is only a small portion of his agenda.
He wanted to change Country ZW.
And the truth : Country ZW was simply spending too little of his resources and potential in strengthening his soldiers.
Country ZW's greatest enemy was himself.
(this story is cut short cos time has a greater worth now)
Today is 08th Sept 05. I have uninstalled every single game I have in my computer.
But the moment I told my tutor that I'll try, I laughed. Because I know that I might fail. Its always easy to say. But to do? I foresee that I'll have problems overcoming this barrier. I foresee that I might even give up. (not give up studying but give up studying harder -_-)
I foresee problems. Snap! Juz on the spot. Just like that.
But my tutor will always be there. To push me.
He told me to tell him how i spend my day and he drew my day on a pie chart. Why not you try? Start from 0000hrs of today. The first 8 to 10 hrs maybe you spent sleeping. And complete the whole 24hr pie chart. I've completed mine. And my tutor asked me : "do you think you will succeed with this kind of life?"
Less than 1/8 of my day i spend on studying. Its not enough.
Then curious ZW asked : "when did u start studying for yur promos"
"after my mid years" (<-sick)
And he also mentioned that he got 95% for his physics at mid-yr. (<-sick)
And 91% for his maths. (<-sick)
I know one day I have to change. But one day by one day passed. When will that one day be? I have my own goals. I know I must get into a Uni, preferably SMU, preferably in a decent Business course.
Today I make this decision. It's actually a big decision cos I wasted a lot of my life in the cyberworld. I know that when I look back 10 years later, I will be glad that I chose to push myself.
My tutor said : Lets start now.
so tml, I will wake up at 8am, go to sch at 9am to self-study until 4pm.
I dunno how long can i sustain this. Its really a joke for a person like me to make such an extreme change. But its a challenge! I love challenges.
My tutor said : Only when I am able to let go of what is holding me back... ...then I will be able to reach the next level of my life.
I said : I'll try.