I'm here.
nus
[ Wednesday, April 19, 2006 ]
4:43 PM
Common Test 2
...is over.
I had my CMaths paper on Tuesday, and it was as typical as ever.
So...what characterises a typical Maths paper?
1. Joke a bit before entering the test venue.Even if you are a highly potential...
......
...'F' student...
you might still manage a pass if you weren't nervous about the lack of practice, and of the test itself
2. Quick revision.Five minutes before entering the venue, I'll take my notes out and try to remember as many formulas as I can. Although it usually doesn't help much (=
3. Bad attitude.I 'can't see' questions that I don't know how to do, which brings me to the next...4. Ending early.Usually with extra 15mins, I'd spend it by counting the least and most marks I'd get. Least means questions that im unsure of count as wrong, and most means all uncertainties and carelessness are negligible.
Then I'd take the average.
5. After the test.When its over, my classmates are likely to discuss about the questions that I din/dunno how to do.
Instead of feeling discouraged, I'll try to confuse them into believing that they did it wrongly. lolz...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mrs TeoGK, my J1 form teacher and econs and PW tutor, once said in class that everything that has a 'too' attached to it is bad.
Immediately, there was a lot of discussion, and you're likely to disagree at first, then agree, and disagree again, and it goes on for a while.
'too much', 'too little', 'too good', 'too bad', 'too honest', 'too thrify', too smart,' ...
'too rich' is highly debatable.
I later on came to a conclusion that whatever we were looking for in life, too much of it sounds good. its all up to the individual, as usual.
that is, if you are money-minded, too rich is good.
to me, 'too happy' and 'too healthy' sounds good.
Meanwhile, how about : 'scoring too many marks for the test'?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
With this common test, i realised that I was
too reliant on MCQ, which will be my downfall.
If you din knew, the econs test only had 20 MCQ, and Physics test had none.
"Physics test is
too tough"
That was my reply to Mr YeoKP, my physics tutor since J1, after he told me to pass a msg to Joel and asked me about the test from an SMS after the test ended.
Surely, the lesson I took away from Common Test 1 is the same as the present one : READ the[d*mn] QUESTION CAREFULLY.
This means I entered the exam hall without recalling the mistakes I had made - and this came with a cost of 8 marks - unless the marker is lenient (=
If everything was held constant, I should have done better every test.
Definitely, careless mistakes worth of 10 marks would mean losing one grade,
eg. 60 -> 70
But 6 marks for 2 grades is also a possibility,
eg. 54 -> 60
and if you think in that line
8 marks is a disaster >.<" as if that wasn't worrying enough, it soon hit me that the physics paper is not /100.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A pessimist's point of viewHave you ever thought that the number of marks you earn is proportionate to the number of times you attend lessons and lectures plus the amount of homework you do plus the intensity of your revision before exams?
By common sense, that sounds true.
Come to think of it, I actually earn some marks by going to school everyday and completing my homework on time.
Haha, maybe I earn like 0.05 marks for attending a lecture, 0.05 marks for attending a tutorial, 0.2 marks for every assignment I do, and 1 mark for every intense hour of revision I make!
(hypothetical figures, btw you can actually get full marks by attending 100 lectures and 200 tutorials, 75 assigments, and 70 hours of revision)then wtf, I forgot to account for other factors!
I ******* lost 8 marks for the test!
8 marks for the test means if i wasn't careless I could juz pon 80 lectures/tutorials per year, or i dun do 40 of the homework that my teacher gimme, or I actually wasted 8 hours of revision! ****!
knn I really regret it man...i wish i could go back in time...wun ******* learn sia me...why so CARELESS!
AAAAAAAAAAAARGH !!!!
An optimist's point of viewtoday sibeh careless for my test...aiya heck la.
common test over liao, shiok! wooohooo!