I'm here.
nus
[ Sunday, December 02, 2007 ]
4:36 PM
02 dec 07
Actually, I got posted to a battalion.
I guess its really hard to detect sarcasm from words. But Ch and Cy really know me well. heh.
The battalion im in is 1SIR...or the 1st Singapore Infantry Regiment. The past week was really shit. I wasted one week in my new unit wishing i weren't there at all. But its all my own fault. When i was still in SISPEC i kept telling myself and expected that life would get better after i graduate. But i was wrong - which explains the disappointment.
Some interesting things happened though. I met and talked to the new specs in the support company of my battalion and found out that 2 of them were Dave Teo's guard commanders. I saw the spot where Dave Teo jumped out of the camp with a rifle.
(Yes, Dave Teo was from 1SIR.) And I cracked a joke with the Brigade Commander of my 2SIB despite him being a Colonel? But i wasn't reprimanded for that of course.
And...i am assigned to be a 84mm RR section commander in Bravo company. From now till i finish my reservist some donkey years later? The weapon that i'd be carrying is just a very small and very light tube that fires rounds that are 8.4cm in diameter. What luck!
I don't know how to use that weapon, so i still have to go for course early next year. And its free of charge! How nice. SAF providing me with free upgrade of skills!