I'm here.
nus
[ Saturday, August 23, 2008 ]
10:33 PM
Eight To Five
Its back to school for me for the past 7 working days. I was sent to this lecture intensive course and experienced, for the first time in my life in this organisation, the 8am to 5pm life.
And i really really admire those friends of mine who are non-combatants who don't have to stay-in and get to book out everyday. Its really good life.
And I was very interested to find out if this chiongsua life i've been living could have made me become more alert and attentive during lectures. I was thinking, if it benefits me so, then at least i can finally, with pride and acheivement, tell my friends that at the very least the Army has somewhat improved me, and likely, my future studies...
...but not at all. I slept in lectures just like my JC days. =)
I remember on the first day of my course, i had just returned from a field camp which ended at around 6am, and i was running around the whole 'morning' since the previous night, only to attend lectures a few hours later. The course date was certainly well-planned.
Anyway i figured that maybe its more of the speaker and the content of the lecture and not myself that determines my attention level, but i suspect that i am just thinking this way so i can give myself more excuses to be sleeping.
There are some days that i didn't doze off at all becos the speaker was funny. And crude. I think there's no other place where you can find vulgarities and professionalism come together to draw so much interest and attention from an audience who readily accepts it.
Of course, this 8 to 5 life had to end. It couldn't have been longer becos taking MRT from Sengkang to Clementi everyday is really too challenging for me cos im always struggling to stay awake on the enduring MRT trip after sleeping at 1am every night and waking up a few hrs later.
And now im back to unit life.
[sarcasm]
And im sure glad to be back! Straight away i have a 6 and 1/2 day work week. (without considering the AHM). Its just 1/2 day away from probably the ideal work-life balance : the 7 day work week!
[/sarcasm]