I'm here.
nus
[ Sunday, August 17, 2008 ]
11:25 PM
national day
Ah, its finally over. (for a week now.)
Being in a marching contingent in the ndp is surely one of my childhood dreams whether im in the GoH or not.
The highlight of our presence in the NDP was...don't have. There isn't cos we just stood there for an hour after forming up the 'NDP08'. From the screen we were pretty much just small green dots, but its ok. From my view, i thought i was quite proud of myself for that moment.
I was also very moved, though all i did was to look at the crowd and listen to national day songs. I'd have thought i was abnormal until my friends were sharing about the patriotism
feel they had.
Yeah, when "we are Singapore" was played, i was listening. I wasn't drifted away like i usually would. And when it was the chorus again, "We are Singapore...we are Singapore..." the crowd started waving their small flags and sang along. The bright spots of lights shining at us started to extend vertically cos tears had welled up my eyes. For about 5mins, i had the 'im so ready to die for Singapore' feeling.
Not anymore now of course.
Actually, i haven't seen the whole NDP show before. On the actual day we went straight back to camp, and i wasn't at home when they replayed it. Haha. How queer. This is probably the first show i've missed in living memory and i missed it cos i was part of it!