I'm here.
nus
[ Tuesday, December 09, 2008 ]
8:35 PM
Im still alive!
Phew. I actually survived the past week.
I have had a good long break after taking leave for today even though i had a weekend office duty last Saturday - its still a 3-day break from my unit that has been, say, gripping me tightly.
Life in army has never been better since I came back from Australia. In fact, I believe even when i am 20 days away from ORD-ing, I'd still be chiongsua-ing in some dark unknown(to you) area in Singapore.
Lets just say...that I have been through a lot of physical pain and mental challenges recently. I think its really a good thing that no one i know in army reads my blog. Because im always trying to be more positive and i want to be there for my men and my colleagues (fellow sergeants) who are going through morale issues and entertaining negative thoughts.
But in the past weeks i have been kinda struggling to sort myself out - and i couldn't find the extra energy to motivate others. I'd put it this way - sometimes its so painful that i couldn't bring myself to tell others that it doesn't hurt.
But im glad i've pulled through.
From now, even with 2 mths left, i'd probably never get in the mood to entertain thoughts of ORD-ing. Becos theres really so many things coming up and they just keep coming at us. Sometimes i feel - more or less - betrayed by my unit becos my superiors insisted that the Exercise in Australia was the last.
That was never the case. The training programme is once again packed with a lot a lot of things until we can't find time to take leave. Right now, my unit owes me enough leave and offs for me to take until i can book in next year from now.
And for the many things we've done, we've never really got commended for it before. Whether its as a group of commanders, or as a platoon, or as a company, we've been winning every single challege and competitions for the past...i don't know. Six months? Large trophies fill our office, challenge shields, streamers on our Company flag, medals...but they mean nothing to others, although to us, they were weekends burnt for extra special training, and all the effort and sweat.
And in the end, since we're so competent in this and that, we get arrowed to do more things. Ridiculous. What were we fighting so hard for?
Anyway. I think i've complained enough... this blog is really a good outlet. Not bad! =)
Anyway after a good rest i shud have some new energy to bring back to camp to expend. To inject a bit of humour...have a good laugh... humour is a very powerful anti-stress medicine and painkiller in camp.
For my male frens who are/were in combat vocations...i know you can feel me. For the rest, its totally ok to me if you don't know what i was talking about. Actually i shud be sorry if i wasted yur time cos i was more of venting my frustrations - that i would otherwise be refraining - rather than just blogging.
And for my frens who already ORD... I'll be there in a jiffy! I hope?