I'm here.
nus
[ Friday, February 20, 2009 ]
10:06 PM
The curse of luxury
I watched a TV programme about this Singaporean teacher who went to Nepal, and then there were so many kids in this school, and they attended lessons happily. Before the teacher left she gave them ballons and pencils and a book and they were so happy.
After watching that, I think I'd greatly confused myself when I thought about how im being cursed by all these computers, TV, and maybe even the air-con. Cursed to this level of not-easy-to-be-happy and not-easy-to-satify.
I tend to confuse myself sometimes. Tickle my own mind. Thought is free anyway. You see - I wondered if I'd have led a happier life if I hadn't had a computer. Or a TV. If i was poor, or if i grew up in another country free of all the worldly worries of things like money, and other things such as money and money.
Then sometimes I'd see the Earth as a globe...like I'm in outer space. And I see myself...with mega-ultra bionic eyesight...I see myself. One small Life. Then I wonder what we're on this planet for...think and think...haha. It always happens when im too free, or when I lose focus on something.
And then I hear a voice coming from within...
who are you? what are you living for?...Actually that's just Tom Chaplin's voice. Its the lyrics in a song by Keane.
Hmm...starting to get random around here.