I'm here.
nus
[ Monday, February 02, 2009 ]
10:12 PM
The free-est man on Earth
I could be...
The free-est man on Earth.
Today, yesterday, and the day before.
Because I can
Wake up anytime i want.
I have
No homework to worry about. No one giving me problems. No obligations. No responsibilities. No one to answer to except for myself. No worries.
I could be secretly happy
That I can't get an official job
Because im technically still serving NS.
And its against the law. Although i might have
Broken many laws.
I can
do whatever i want. Today, and the morrow, and the day after.
Today, i've been to many places: im so excited to share it with you.
I've been to an
Island with mystical inhabitants. A thick forest covered by blue snow. An old rectangular arena, made of jewel-embedded pillars, decorated bricks and had long benches made of pale stone.
One moment i was a
Radioactive Builder. I had friends who took the form of lobsters, frogs, and deformed or elongated beasts. I didn't do anything wrong, but a giant 3-headed hydra with dark blue and jade green scales wanted to
Kill me.
Next moment I found my Orcish self
firing arrows infused with fire at giant spiders, polar bears, giant scorpions and centaurs... I was in the arena, watched by Humans, fighting, side by side with fellow spear and sword wielding Orcs, for the most coveted prize of all -
Our lives.
Next moment I found myself
Blogging.
But before that I was
bored till the kind of death that you'll never die from - just like in the game and yet it ensnares you and makes you feel
Sad.
But i am the free-est man on Earth.
Its all my fault.
It takes one week of my free life to realise that
Im too lazy to be free.
Not even ambrosia would feed
My hungry soul that seeks
Challenges. Tough challenges. Satifying challenges. Challenges we believed to be impossible to surmount.
Every night I lay in bed
I ask myself different questions
that all bring great dissapointment
"what have you done.accomplished.experienced.learnt today?"
is the answer. The answer is .
But I still am
the free-est man on Earth. Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
OK. I think i exaggerated in my writing. I'm absolutely grateful to the friends who have helped relieved my boredom over the past few days.
Without friends. I'll die a slow death...like how a plant wilts without sunshine. (Did someone just say... 'corny'?)
I've decided to book in back to camp tomorrow. Because...its better than staying at home where the air seems stale and stifling. Maybe i'll run a few rounds around the camp. I'll have a chat with my men. Yeah. Sounds good.
So I'll just be the free-est man on Earth today.