I'm here.
nus
[ Monday, October 31, 2011 ]
10:13 PM
what do i know
lets just say that everyone of us goes through a similar education system.
Just within 2 decades or so, friends around me starts to have differing views. Politics, Religion, morality, the differences are extreme.
Opinions are something really interesting. Its like if you have a strong opinion of something, like for example, the existence of God, you'd feel that its so certain, its just undeniable. There's no room for argument, no room in your mind that it just wouldn't be.
Sometimes i take a look at myself, and I simply have no room for the flip side of certain things. But when i take a third person view of myself, or at things, i can understand why people become so insistent of their own views - that i start to accept everything - and i don't know where i stand.
Where do my opinions come from? I wouldn't say education. I feel its more of our personal life experience. People have different life experiences. And because of that, everyone is likely to believe in different things.
What I see and hear, and feel, now, changes who i am in the future.
And can we really control what we experience? Sometimes no, sometimes yes. But i'd like to think that as a whole, external events are somewhat random, unless I am a powerful or influential figure.
If our experiences are random, wouldn't our opinions be somewhat random as well?
If the same me was born in a different month, or a different year, or at a different place, and I still who i am? will i have the same beliefs? probably not, i feel like.
because of that, many times i keep asking myself, what do i really know? what is right and wrong? how? sometimes i question myself so much, i begin wondering if i could even confidently say if something, in the slightest shades of grey, could be either or.